Job Opportunity – Senior Research Officer

You will conduct research which can be published in high quality peer reviewed journals and you will ensure that our research influences our target audiences in Wales, the UK and internationally. This is not an ‘ivory tower’ role. You will need to be highly proactive and influential – making sure your research and ideas make a difference. You will engage with politicians, civil servants, commissioners, and frontline professionals, and use this experience to contribute to the academic literature on evidence use.

Your remit will be focused on central governments and public services – in Wales, the rest of the UK, and internationally – but you will also be expected to assist with the Alliance’s wider work with local government and the social sector (e.g. charities, voluntary organisations, social enterprises).

You will work alongside the team at the Wales Centre for Public Policy in Cardiff and staff at the Alliance for Useful Evidence who are based in London and Dunfermline. We are open to flexible working arrangements. You will, however, be expected to work from the Wales Centre for Public Policy’s offices in Cardiff at least one day per week, and at the Alliance’s office in Nesta (in Blackfriars in London) at least once a month. There will be regular conference calls with colleagues across the UK.

Nesta is contributing 60% of the costs of the post and Cardiff University is meeting the remaining 40%. Your work will be agreed with both funders and the balance of your activities will reflect their respective contributions.

The position involves regular travel across the UK and occasional travel internationally (predominantly Europe and North America).

The post is full time, available from 1st October 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter and is fixed term for two years with the possibility of extension subject to funding.

For further information or informal discussion about this post please contact Jonathan Breckon via email jonathan.breckon@nesta.org.uk or Professor Steve Martin MartinSJ@cardiff.ac.uk.

Salary: £32,004 – £38,183 per annum (Grade 6)

Closing date: Thursday, 14 September 2017

 

For more information click here.

 

Comments are closed